First of all, I have finally reached Saint Gallen in Switzerland where I will be undertaking my studies:
Before Saint Gallen, I spent my last four days in France in Nice. Despite having perpetual 30+ sunny days in France up to this point, it decided to be overcast and wet for two out of the four days in Nice, which was exactly what I wanted my French Riviera experience to be like. There's not really a lot to state about the French Riviera, as it's really just a party town full of yachts. So many yachts. It is beautiful, but I think four days was a little bit too much
Massena
A 14th Century Painting of Adam & Eve in the Old Town
A 'beach'
Promenade des Anglaise
Apollo, just hanging like a Sun God does
You do have to admit, it is a beautiful sea
Nice Port, otherwise know as the City Parking Station
Various shots of the Cote D'Azur on my way to Monaco. Curse the overcast weather
Monaco, darling
Yachts yachts yachts yachts
Apparently Monaco needs a new Yacht Club. No idea why.
Monte Carlo Casino
View of Monaco Harbour and The Fairmont. Clearly I can not afford to stay here.
Garnier, who designed the Parisian Opera House, also designed the casino. I love that guy.
S-Class Mercedes waiting outside somewhere in Monaco? Standard.
So many yachts.
In the event that the Royal Navy's Flotilla of Yachts cannot stop an attack, there's always these cannonballs.
The Oceangraphy Institute, which apparently is quite prestigious around the world.
Before I went to the aquarium that day, I had this conversation with a guy from Louisiana:
Him: Where you from?
Me: Wollongong, near Sydney.
Him: Oh! I've seen Finding Nemo! Is it like that?
Me: ...Not really. I've seen True Blood; is Louisiana like that?
I finally stopped to look at the flowerboxes that grace Monaco, and it turns out they're full of lantana. This greatly amuses me.
I promise I will write about Switzerland sometime this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment